The United States has many great schools. With the new technologies most of them are focusing on digital photography. However, the training you will receive not only covers the current digital cameras, but also classic analogue cameras as well. To be successful you will need to have a good eye for great images. If you are lacking in technical skills, for now do not be too concerned because you will acquire them while you are taking photography lessons from world class instructors.
These schools will enable you to transition from being a novice to a professional in, what will seem like, no time at all. Here is a brief introduction to five top photography schools in the US where you can explore your desire and passion to becoming a photographer.
1. Boston University: Here you will not only take courses in digital photography, but business management as well. This will give you an edge when it comes time for the business side of the profession.
2. The New York Institute of Photography: This school is famous the world over for producing professional photographers. Students come here to study from all corners of the globe to become masters of the craft.
3. The American InterContinental University: Here you will not only get a deep understanding of the new technologies in digital cameras and digital imaging, but a sound general education foundation in analogue as well.
4. Harrington College of Design: They offer many different degrees, each with a focus on different aspects on the photo industry. You can center your pursuits on the business side of photography, photojournalism or digital photography.
5. The International Academy of Design & Technology: They present an excellent degree program for students looking for a comprehensive education. The program they offer is more in-depth for those interested in lighting and software.
Whatever your choice may be, you will learn how to manipulate your photos using different lenses, lights, studio equipment and software. You will also see how to, not only use a camera for creative purposes, but professional purposes as well. Along with all that experience, you will gain extensive technical knowledge of how camera lenses work and how to capture striking images in color as well as black and white. The top schools for photography will keep you up to date on the fast and ever changing photographic industry. Upon graduation you will be an expert in your field of choice. The education you obtain will put you in a prime position in the exciting and lucrative field of photography. The sky is the limit on how far you can go as a photographer!